Fairy Cake Recipe (approx 10 fairy cakes)
100g (3 1/2 oz) of butter or margarine, softened; caster sugar; self raising flour
2 eggs beaten
1. Preheat the oven to 190C 375F or Gas Mark 5. Line a muffin tin with cake cases.
2. Cream together the softened butter and sugar until they are pale and fluffy.
3. Gradually add the beaten egg mixing well each time.
4. Sieve the flour into the mixture and fold in using a wooden spoon.
5. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases putting approx. 2 teaspoons full in each case.
6. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
Icing – 100g (3 1/2 oz) Icing sugar, 2 tbsp water, a selection of cake decorations (hundreds and thousands, dolly mixtures, chocolate sprinkles, cherries)
1. Add some of the water to the icing sugar Very Slowly! Add enough to make a thick flowing consistency.
2. Spoon the icing onto the cake and spread with a knife. Decorate!!
Top Tip: IKEA have a great set of plastic cutlery for children that is cheap but sturdy and great for things like this.
2 cups of flour
1 cup of salt
2 tsp cream tartar
2 tbsp oil
2 cups water
Mix everything together in a large pan. Place over a medium heat stirring all the time. When the mix comes away from the side it is ready. Take out of the pan and leave to cool. When cool knead well. Keep in an air tight tub.